|War||US Military Deaths||Civilian Deaths (low count)|
Note that this does not include deaths of military personnel of other countries, such as the UK. Remember, too, that thousands more have been wounded. The cost of Bush's invasion has been unmercifully high.
I do not know the quality of these numbers; some are repeated in several places, so I tend to believe they are in the right range.
By comparison, 2,940 deaths were reported in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. To seek vengeance for the loss of almost 3,000 people, we have killed almost 100,600. How has this helped decrease terrorism? How can this be considered just?
- September 11 deaths: September 11, 2001 attacks
- Afghanistan civilian deaths:
- Afghanistan military deaths:
- Commentary: Iraq war casualties rise (Afghanistan deaths are included here)
- Iraq civilian deaths: www.iraqbodycount.net
- Iraq military deaths: Iraq Coalition Casualty Count